[Vision2020] Jerry Brady on the Auntie E. and Brother C. show

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Fri Aug 4 20:35:13 PDT 2006

I'm sure this won't be the answer of our next second place governor, not to
mention  making me no friends on this list, but the fact is no one is
supposed to live on minimum wage. It's a starting point for youth, folks who
desire part time employment, and people just starting up the job ladder. As
skills and experience increase so do the wages. If a person has been working
for an extended period someplace and is still making $5.15 they are being
sent a very unsubtle message. Can you guess what it is? I knew you could. If
they're incapable of rising above minimum wage on their day job, they should
consider getting a second. It'll be doing the community a favor by keeping
them off the streets and out of mischief. If this seems a wee bit cauld (a
tip O' the tam o' shanter to "J. Ford") consider that it's the exact model
used by many family's right up to and through the late 1950's.

gc