[Vision2020] Reducing cars in town

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 18:28:48 PDT 2006

What if the University were to include free ( or reduced price) car  rentals for each student and offered free bus rides to Boise, Twin  Falls, Portland, and Seattle, (and cities in between during vacation  times), to students that elected not to bring a car to the University,  which is unneeded for most on campus living students.

 If a  student could rent a car from the UI for the day, or a few hours once  in a while, they might elect to do that instead of bringing a car that  eats at their wallet when they really don't need one most the time. It  would also free up parking spaces on campus and downtown.

  Just an idea.

  Best,

  _DJA

Art Deco <deco at moscow.com> wrote:  When I was a student here in 58-62 and 66-69, students were actively
discouraged from bringing vehicles to the university.  Is there any chance
of reviving that policy?

W.