[Vision2020] Re: Why is Nick threatened by an inquiring mind?

ToeKneeTime at aol.com ToeKneeTime at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 21:33:56 PDT 2006

Nick,

Your hostile and snotty response to my cordial e-mail requesting
clarification is not the approach a fair minded and secure individual would  make.  Why
are you so indignant that I would ask a few questions?  Do  you prefer to
pontificate without the inconvenience of any dissent?  Your  mean spirited tone is
unnecessary.  Take a chill pill.

Your response to my query regarding Atta in Prague was unattributed AGAIN
and amounted to another of your gratuitous assertions.  As such, no  response is
necessary.

Point 3)  We should trust the 911 commission and not the  administration, you
say.  No support for this assertion either.  You  saying something from on
high, Nick, don't make it so.

4)  We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  I would like to  have the
benefit of their perspective on this before accepting your conclusion
wholesale.

5)  I must not "dis" the 911 commission and make a fool of myself, you
admonish.  There were REPUBLICANS on that commission!  You chortle as  though any
of us were unaware of the bipartisan nature of this group.  I  simply suggested
to you that no commission is infallible and its failure to  confirm some or
another charge, does not necessarily put the matter to  rest.

I noted at this point in your response you seemed a bit overwrought.   I hope
your anger and frustration have abated and you are now more receptive to  a
few more questions, but OOPS, you aren't speaking to me.

6)  CNN?  CNN??  You want me to search for a reasonable and  temperate
assessment of ANYTHING Bush has done.............   on  CNN???
You're pulling my leg on this one, aren't you, Nick?

7)  You basically say, Oh no, man!  There were Lots of documents  and they
looked 'em over real good.    That may be so, but how  does it address my
questions to you regarding potential alternative fates that  may have befallen
incriminating documents?
  A "discredited administration"?  Not by YOU.  Not  effectively.  And the
president mentally slow?  C'mon Nick, you may  not like the man, you may even
hate him, but he didn't get to where he is by  being a half wit.

8)  But what of the interim period between the first team's  dismantling of
Saddam's nuclear program and the second team's  arrival?  Could not the
evidence have been disposed of or moved, or  yet to be discovered somewhere in that
huge expanse of sand?

9)  NO ONE IS NOW SAYING THAT THESE ALUMINUM TUBES WERE FIT FOR THE
ENRICHMENT OF URANIUM, you advise.  That's terrific Nick, but we're  talking about
THEN, not NOW.  Good to see that your hindsight is  20/20 though.

10)  I take it that's a no?

11)  I understand your point Nick, I just don't necessarily share your
aversion to domestic intel gathering.  And of course you are aware that no
president could conduct ANY covert activity if he blithely announced to the  world,
the nature of his actions.

12)  ONE PIECE of evidence provided to congress prior to its  resounding
support of the use of force?  Those consulted were no doubt  provided with more
than just that.

13)  Well, I'm not comfortable trusting someone's notes.   Who took them and
what was THEIR agenda?

14)  Crisp, perky, garden fresh intel, or cooked to a stagnant  mush?   The
jury is STILL out.

Thank YOU for the dialog.

--Tony