[Vision2020] Re: Crisp, fresh, raw, uncooked intel.......

ToeKneeTime at aol.com ToeKneeTime at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 00:54:48 PDT 2006

Nick,

Re:  Atta in Prague,  What American intelligence agencies?   And do you have
proof that Cheney was specifically aware of this determination  prior to
making his assertions?

second point:  Did Bush/Cheney not have other intel sources advising  them
otherwise?  Could you provide dated quotes from either man, post  commission
report?

Point 3:  How do you know that Saddam's government didn't respond to  Bin
Laden's request?  That doesn't sound like the sort of dialog one might  engage in
openly.

4)  Are you saying that this 2002 team of inspectors was IN Iraq,  freely
conducting their mission, when Bush made his July declaration?

5)  I assume you meant to refer to the 911 commission?  If so, so  what?  The
fact that some bureaucratic commission failed to confirm  it, does not prove
that the alleged meeting Bush referred to did not take  place.

6)  When and where did Bush/ Cheney make these assertions after  Rummy's
declaration?

6)  Cheney should have known "full well" that Zarqawi was not then in  Iraq.
Why?  Why are you surprised that captured documents failed to  confirm a
connection to Baghdad  Is it not possible that certain  documentation was either
destroyed or never existed at all?  The absence of  proof does not disprove.

7)  Why is Bush automatically presumed wrong, while the Atomic  Energy
Association is presumed right?  Could you site dated examples  of specific
statements made regarding Iraq's supposed nuclear  capabilities?

8)   "that they could find......."   Well that  gives one pause.   Can you
understand how, given Iraq's history of  nuclear production to which you refer,
this administration and congress might  regard reports of continued activity
as requiring action?  Did congress, by  authorizing the use of force, not
second the administration's concerns?  Is  it fair to laboriously heap all this
blame at Bush's feet?

9)  "most likely....."      Again that nasty  pause.   And what experts?
Isn't it possible that Bush may have  been advised otherwise by other experts?
Perhaps a consensus was arrived  at after consulting several...... who knows
for certain?

10)  Is David Albright a nuclear scientist?  How is he  specifically
qualified to make such a determination?

11)  I don't know that I find the potential for a brief and  necessary tap on
my phone line to be unreasonable in a post  911 environment.  I trust that
these folks will by and large  direct their curiosities toward appropriate
targets.  How can we demand  protection from our government when we deny it the
sometimes gritty tools it may  need to deal with murderous sociopaths.

12)  Not necessarily a contradiction.  The administration  couldn't provide
ALL it's intel re: Iraq to the congress.  Yet what WAS  provided did lead to a
consensus in favor of action.

13)  Memo from where?  And how was this meeting "secret" if it  was detailed
in a lengthy memo?

14)  Did the administration "cook" the intel on Iraq?  The jury  is still
out.

Best,  --Tony