[Vision2020] Re: Joan trudges home in a snit..........

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Apr 28 07:10:01 PDT 2006

MEMO

TO:  Liberals and Intoleristas
FROM:  Subcomandante Keely

Salutations, sisters and brothers!

It appears that ToeKnee is on to us.  I don't know how, but he has divined
that we are, in fact, a monolithic menagerie of malcontents and morons, and
he has now joined forces with Dick and Ed Cooper.  Evidently he's seen what
we've tried so hard to hide -- that when we're outreasoned by the empty
absolutism and smug pronouncements of the Right, we take our balls and go
home.

(Sisters, no sexism is implied in that last clause).

It looks as though we'll have to re-group.  I thought that our strategy of
saturating Vision 2020 with our passionate pleas and well-reasoned arguments
would advance our cause, and I remain puzzled that a group consisting of
atheists, evangelicals, feminists, BAs, Ph.Ds, no degrees,
stay-at-home-moms, students, retirees, writers, and computer techies could
possibly be revealed as a single, united, unthinkingly
unanimous-in-every-position posse of progressivism, but I have to hand it to
our Conservative Triumverate -- they found us out, and they now know that we
base all of our arguments on a belief that because we don't like WalMart, we
hate the poor and hold our noses at the thought of engaging with the masses.
  Damn.  We had it planned so well.

And so, comrades, I suggest another meeting to rethink our strategy.  Let's
hit our usual place, the snack bar inside Wal-Mart, pour ourselves a cup or
two of Folgers, share a basket of fries, and plot our next strategy.  (Tom
-- no fair grabbing all the corn dogs).

Until then, viva la revolucion.  Remember to hug a same-sex conservative
today --

keely