[Vision2020] immigration: comment to RVcowboy

rvrcowboy rvrcowboy at clearwire.net
Thu Apr 27 21:20:42 PDT 2006

Ed,

You are correct, of course, "undocumented aliens" tends to put a softer spin
on the term than does "illegal aliens".  The premise being that in one case
the person simply does not have their papers in order and in the other they
are knowingly breaking the law.  Liberals tend to put their own spin on
softening down, or toning down if you prefer, anything that goes against
their simple belief systems.

Those who come across the border illegally are aliens and thus, "illegal
alien" is the proper term.  There are many aliens here in this country who
did not enter illegally but have stayed past their visa expiration, or
student permit, or whatever.  These people may be rightly called
"undocumented aliens" because they did not begin their time here illegally.

Be careful with backing Donatelo Juan just yet.  He could be someone totally
other than who he portrays himself to be.  I too am tempted to congragulate
him on speaking out for those who immigrated to our country legally and
castigating those who come here illigally, thus making it even more
difficult for decent, law abiding citizens from other countries to gain
legal access.  These are most likely the people most harmed by all the
illegal entries.  I am curious to hear more from Donatelo before lauding his
wisdom too boisterously.

Take Care,

Dick