[Vision2020] The Same Old Story (was Persecution By Any OtherName)

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Apr 26 11:49:22 PDT 2006

Your classes in logic and rhetoric seem to have skipped the part about
cohesiveness of argument and consistency of reason, Gabe.

People align themselves with Christ Church and NSA willingly, choosing to
embrace various doctrines and beliefs and eagerly immersing themselves, as
is their right, in a particular culture that has as its only defining
characteristic adherence to those same beliefs and acquiescence to policies
springing from them.  Again, this is well within their rights; it is equally
within Aaron's rights to disagree publicly and vehemently with those beliefs
and practices.

This is not, as you might presume, an argument about being "born that way."
That's not relevant.  What is relevant is that no one is Black,  Jewish, or
homosexual because of an institution or fellowship they've chosen to align
themselves with.  I shudder to think that you might be arguing that one's
status as a student at NSA is somehow an identifier of their personhood in
the same way sexuality, race, or religion is.  I mean, it's a neat school
and all, but not even the sweater vests and khakis and black disputatio
robes are inherent to the wearer's personhood, dapper as they may be.

keely