[Vision2020] Water: Reclaiming the wet landscape was What's missing

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Wed Apr 26 10:07:41 PDT 2006

Yet another possibility I've been flogging to the City for years is
to acquire conservation easements along Paradise Creek from the City
to the creek's headwaters on Moscow Mountain. the purpose would be to
re-establish riparian habitat/wetlands to enhance year round flow and
subsequent lowering of stream temperature. The immediate benefit to
the City would be lower wastewater treatment cost as the receiving
water for the discharge, Paradise Creek, would have more assimilative
capacity. A bonus would be the potential for a green belt path from
the City to the mountain.

Mark