[Vision2020] Other topics-- was: Water. Where do you stand on theissue?

Matt Decker mattd2107 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 25 20:19:45 PDT 2006

Tom,

You had asked what can you do. Well I know yards and I can tell you; 1.
Fertilize three times a year. Once in spring once in late may early June and
once in October. This will establish a strong deep root system that will
require less water.2.When watering(without a automatic sprinkler system) try
to watch closely how long your sprinkler runs for. Also, water for short
periods of time but often. The more you can keep your lawn damp in the root
areas the better for the saturation of each watering, especially in clay
areas.3. Jack that mower up a few inches. You would be surprised how much a
longer lawn does without water compared to a shorter one, and you really
can't tell the difference that  much. 4.Xeriscaping of the lawn is the new
fad, which does save in watering. Im sure Ill think of some more later but I
gotta run.

Matt