[Vision2020] Persecution By Any Other Name

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 25 16:48:21 PDT 2006

A.  What Dicikson is requesting has NOTHING to do with Ament's work as a
public servant - it has to do with Ament's PRIVATE life before he became a
public servant.  Just as Linda Pall, the Mayor, John Weber, etc. had private
lives, Ament had a private life and had a right to it.  Just like the people
on the Commissions did.  Each of them now have to disqualify themselves from
ANY decision just because they may have discussed something with someone at
sometime about a matter?  That is taking it a bit far and is squelching the
1st. Amendment, don't you think?

B.  Since taking office Ament has not said word ONE about NSA that has not
been on the record, just as any other Council member.  Neither has he done
anything to influence any of the BOA/P&Z people, which is obvious as NSA got
their CUP.  The appeal was not orchestrated by Ament, it is being submitted
by people who are singularly being affected by NSA's existence in the CBD.

C.  What comments, conversations, pc's, etc. that Ament may have had with
ANYone regarding ANYthing has to do with the NSA CUP is beyond me.  Why
would they need everything he's ever talked to anyone about just to prove he
can't or shouldn't make this decision?  Makes no sense and seems to me an
attempt to curtail Ament's rights.

D.  So basically, before anyone gets elected to ANY office from now on, we
have to make sure they have lived in a cave, with no access to a radio, tv,
newspaper, etc. and have heard nothing about anything so as to not
potentially taint their opinion about any matter that could possibly come
before them while in office?  Good grief, get a grip!  People run for office
based on what they have learned and done in their private lives.  Of course
it will or could influence their votes...that's why people vote for them.
You don't like them, don't vote for them when they come up for re-election.
That is the American way, yes?

J  :]