[Vision2020] Correction on the National Debt

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 25 14:51:16 PDT 2006

Greetings:

Somone has called my attention to the national debt figures I included in my radio commentary on Reagan.  I should have double checked the numbers I thought I remembered correctly from an NPR program.  This is the new sentence that replaces the incorrect one about $1.01 trillion before Bush and 1.05 trillion after him.

"Other than the fivefold increase in the debt during WWII, the largest increases have come during Reagan's 8 years ($1.6 trillion) and Bush the Lesser's 5 years ($2.2 trillion)."

I regret the error.

Nick Gier