[Vision2020] Crazy train

joekc at adelphia.net joekc at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 23 06:26:37 PDT 2006

Thank you, Andreas, for adding some clear thinking to the debate.

I might add that once you take away Sodom and Gomorrah you can fit all of the "condemnations" of same-sex sexual activity found in the Bible on one side of one sheet of paper.

--
Joe Campbell

---- Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
> How about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah?

I am continually amazed and disgusted by people who continue to draw a
single moral lesson from a story where:

(1) The inhabitants of the city rape travellers.

(2) The inhabitants of the city rape angels.

(3) The hero of the story gives up his daughter to be raped.

(4) God almost spares the entire city anyway.

There are lessons contained within the story about rape, desecration
of the holy, and responsibility to strangers. Homosexuality only comes
in if you assume that the 'he' of the angels is a literal 'he' --
something which may be entirely unwarranted.

-- ACS