[Vision2020] Re: Crazy Train

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Sat Apr 22 10:08:26 PDT 2006

On Apr 22, 2006, at 7:45 AM, Ed wrote:

> I think Tom totally missed my point...of course the stripper example
> was not intended for the same-sex opposition exclusively; it was meant
> to illustrate how we are quick to condemn the despicable act so gross
> it's punishable by law. However, when we change so slightly, we fail
> to see the change in societies integrity, a change that also renders
> acts previously immoral as moral. And these same acts serve as
> stepping stones in committing the larger act. (Additionally,
> switch-hitters are becoming more common as well.) My example (in
> gestalt form) was specifically meant to illustrate that when we began
> to accept homosexual marriage and relationships as normal,
> we morphed from the idea of being a Christian or Judeo-Christian
> society based on biblical morality. And, of course, this is
> historically when societies get into trouble--the beginning of the end
> so to speak. My previous post laid out all the societal dangers
> for normalizing homosexual activity..... So, some say that there are
> so few, embrace them.  The issue is not how any individual poses a
> threat to anyone, but how the normalization of homosexuality endangers
> the entire society. Once you accept one, more come. This once gross
> act now becomes alluring to impressionable youth, and the frenzy to
> become homosexual or bi-sexual is upon us. No one thinks about
> long-term implications, only instant gratification.
>

> Ed

Ed is forgetting, of course, that "the soul of Jonathan was bound to
the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.  Then
Jonathan made a covenant with David, because he loved him as his own
soul."  1 Samuel 18.  So much for Bathsheba.  Uriah the Hittite bit the
dust for nothing.

As one of those Jews theoretically included in Ed's Judeo-Christian
world view, I have to say that I much prefer our existing secular, wall
of separation between church and state, Constitutional society.  I
wouldn't care to live in Ed's world.  It's too tight, too close, and
too narrow.  I like breathing the fresh open air, not sucking in the
fetid stench of tired old bigotries.  If you want to live in a
theocracy, might I suggest Iran?  Or, judging from Scott's forwarded
Dear Abby letter, perhaps Florida?  I'm willing to let Florida secede
and become Theocracy Land.  Jeb Bush is already there; we could
relocate the rest of the Bushes and call it good.

I wouldn't mind having Texas back . . .

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com