[Vision2020] Getting to draw the lines and pseudonyms

joekc at adelphia.net joekc at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 21 17:33:29 PDT 2006

I'm over the limit but I cannot resist.

Here is the ultimate question, Art.

Do you know that your hand exists? If you say 'Yes,' then I can continue.

If you say 'No,' then who cares about the claim that 'No one can know that God exists.' No one can know anything.

But God, like many other theoretical entities, is still in the running.

Thanks, as always!

--
Joe Campbell

---- Art Deco <deco at moscow.com> wrote:

=============
All,

I am a non-believer mainly for epistemological/logical reasons.  I am also a
non-believer because of the enormous amount of hypocrisy I see in various
organized religions.

Hence, the following:

The mental milieu of the subject of which this thread revolves around is one
which screams loudly for a thoughtful, well-designed, heartfelt, skilled
intervention.  In this particular case, I personally have neither the skills
set nor the probability of succeeding even if I had the skills set in such
an intervention attempt.

However, there are many on this list among the posters and the lurkers who
claim to be Christians or who profess the love of humankind, and among those
some that may have the necessary skills set.  I hope that among these
so-called Christians and others that at least one will have the courage and
the willingness to live according to their alleged beliefs to attempt
privately and sensitively an intervention.  I am afraid that if an
intervention does not occur then not only will the situation continue to
deteriorate but that a real tragedy will occur.

We have reached a point in this particular situation where bickering about
words and thrusting/parrying insults is no longer anything but
counterproductive.

Will a real believer in charity, agape, and/or decency please step forward
to offer help where it is needed?  Please.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com