[Vision2020] Re: The dark side? Sorry, I was watching Sling Blade....

ToeKneeTime at aol.com ToeKneeTime at aol.com
Fri Apr 21 12:16:35 PDT 2006

Nick an' all,

You give me a failing grade for calling you Dr. Mengele, and then turn
around and refer to your own mother as VULGAR!  Nick, apparently I am not  the only
one given to rhetorical excess at times...

You bemoan conservatives who you feel have stunk up and poisoned this  list.
It is certainly easier and more comfortable to preach to the choir  than deal
with those who may disagree with you, but doesn't an intellectual seek  out a
diversity of views?  And what of this vaunted TOLERANCE we hear so  much
about?  You provided a classic example of intolerance when you  declared that you
would no longer acknowledge my existence on this list.

Before signing off the debate, you declare victory, clucking that I would
not fess up that God is the supreme person.  Nick, how the hell do you, I  or
anyone else know how a God would be manifested?  I don't presume to be  in
possession of such knowledge.  Such questions are purely  speculative.  There is
hardly a consensus upon which to base an entire  argument.

You say that we should respect the value of all life from the lowest  animals
to human beings.  Sure, as far as practical.  But surely you  are not
suggesting they are comparable...  I would not wish to join you as  a vegetarian, nor
do I want to forgo poisoning any mice, rats or other lower  forms who may
wish to share my abode with me.

You commend the Japanese for having a priest conduct a ceremony honoring  the
fetus' life prior to conducting some abortions.  Nick, Nick,  Nick!  Are you
joking?  I can hear it now, "LORD GOD, BLESS THIS  LOVELY LITTLE INNOCENT THAT
WE ARE PREPARING TO RIP TO  PIECES..."          Charming,  that.
"TAKE  HIS TENDER LITTLE REMAINS IN YOUR ARMS O LORD AND CHERISH THE BLOODY
MESS..."

In--freakin'--credible!

South Dakota law, you advise, would force a rape victim to carry the
resulting child to term with obvious traumatic results.  You then suggest  abortion
in such cases as the mother would inevitably not share the same view of  this
child as you so commendably feel for your daughter.  I share your  concern for
the mothers dilemma, but is there not another option?  What of  adoption?  Not
perfect for the same reason, but the filthy pig rapist took  all the
available easy options off the table.  In a better society, he  would be promptly
executed and a sizable victims assistance fund established for  BOTH his victims,
the woman AND the child about to be adopted out.  In rape  resulting in
pregnancy there is one perpetrator and two victims.  Is it  logical to punish one of
the victims along with the perpetrator?

In closing, let me say that your choice to ignore this input is of course
yours to make.  As my option of referring to you as Dr. Mengele, Professor  or
Teach, is mine.  As a matter of courtesy, I will refrain from such  rhetorical
theatrics where your views are concerned in the future.

Enjoy the sunshine, --Tony