[Vision2020] Two Qs....

pcook818 at adelphia.net pcook818 at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 20 15:19:07 PDT 2006

> Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:49:02 -0700
> From: "April Fingerlos" <aprilf at fingerlos.net>
> Subject: [Vision2020] Two Qs....
> To: "'Vision2020 Moscow'"<vision2020 at moscow.com>
>
> I have two little curiosities going--maybe someone here can fill me in. :-)
>
> 1. What is being constructed next to Les Schwab? Is Les Schwab expanding, or is that a new business coming in?
>
> 2. What's with the white Idaho Department of Transportation cars at Tri-State and furniture store by Papa Murphys? There's someone sitting in each car every time I drive by. Is there a survey going on? Will there be additional construction going on, besides the 270 rebuild, this summer? Or is this related to the cross-walk requests at those two locations?
>
> Merely curious. :-)  TIA!
>
> April
>
> April Fingerlos
> Moscow, ID

The answer to #2 is ITD is counting pedestrians crossing Hwy 8 between Lieuallen St. and Farm Rd. ITD did the same thing last year prior to striping the two new crosswalks and constructing the "wishbone" paths at Peterson. Today is the last of two days of counting.

Last year's counts showed about 1400 crossings per day, with 42% at signalized crosswalks, 16% at non-signalized crosswalks, and 42% at non-crosswalk locations. Striping two of the non-signalized crosswalks and constructing the path were two actions intended to reduce non-crosswalk crossings. The current survey is assessing their impact.

For more information see:
http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/pw/engineering/PedestrianSafetyCampaign-InfoBrochure.pdf

Philip Cook