[Vision2020] Vicious Animals and Conservatives Against Abortion

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 20 14:14:35 PDT 2006

Hi Roger,

You are correct that predators do kill for fun.  I didn't make my point very
clear.  I should have said that we are the only wanton killers of our own
species, except for father lions that sometimes kill cubs.

Is there anything equivalent in the animal world of the unnecessary slaughter of
our Civil War, the estimated 20 million killed by Christian fanatics in the
Taiping Rebellion in China, the holocaust of WWI, the Nazi holocaust, and the
Khmer Rouge genocide that we had a big part in making possible?  Animal males
fight for access to females.  The battles are short and the causalities are few.

John McCain is a very good example of a conservative who has heretofore been
critical of religious conservatives, but who has now come out in favor of the
recent South Dakota law banning abortion.  I'm sure that there are many other
not so famous nonreligious conservatives who would not support the measures
necessary to protect the rights of women, to provide accurate reproductive
information, and to provide single mothers support to raise their children.

Nick Gier