[Vision2020] Definition of Evangelical Christian

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 16 15:18:06 PDT 2006

Greetings:

For what it's worth I struggled with a definition of "evangelical Christian" 20 years ago in my book "God, Reason, and the Evangelicals."  You can read my first chapter at www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/GREchap1.htm.

You can also read about the 15 reasons why Wilson parts company with conservative evangelicals at www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/evang.htm.  Wilson calls himself a "Biblical Absolutist," but the term "Reconstructist Christianity" is more in line with this political theology.  He once predicted (you can hear him say it in the film "My Town") that his Christianity would hit paganism (including most Christians!) like a tsunami hitting folding chairs on a beach.  Yet another example of Wilson's "serrated" edge and his "Christian outreach."

Nick Gier