[Vision2020] Complaints Filed Against Boarding Houses ... opportunistic feeder, rasta outsider, or ... whatever

Mark Seman FCS at Moscow.com
Wed Apr 12 23:33:02 PDT 2006

Since leaving Moscow, late July 05; experiencing a new life-style; being
somewhat connected to "another place" (Moscow, as well as Prescott), but
also being "disconnected," "Just as well", I say (**with a slight English
accent**), "It's what Life brings." (**with the stoic intensity, of a
soldier past his prime**).  Time to move on.  Get to where you want to be.
(Either figuratively or geographically ... or economically, or ...
whatever!); I've come to have an  alternative perspective.  More really, the
same as before, but only slightly different.

I know people on both sides of this story (as well as in the "middle").
There is no (is NO) "community" in this story.  Each Both sides see
themselves as trying to build "community", but just as either desires it
all, neither knows how to "get along with each other."  It's not about "who
started it", nor "These are the rules!", nor "Why are we involved?" ... it's
about "what is."  "What is Moscow?"

Any "sane" outsider would see Moscow and say, "Hey, that's me!" (then
blushingly turn one's head, in realization of the dicotomy (sic) of the
situation, somewhat embarrased by the negative connotation, but also
triumphant in the simplistic brilliance of it all.)  How do I feel connected
to this?  What is my roale ((sic) - writing too fast for my own good, ...
sorry I'll slow down.))  Now where was I?  What was I trying to get at?

Oh, yeah!, Moscow has needs that are not being met.  And like I said, any
outisder (oops) would realize this.  But, dialectically-wise, an insider
would still have hope.  Be opptomistic (damn, sp.)!  An insider knows, or at
least :senses" the notion, no, the tactile aura of change.  The persistant
dichotomy of "the only constant is change." [embarrased by the negative
connotation, but also triumphant in the simplistic brilliance of it all.]
Realization, beyond theory and into the real ... the "what is."

Realizing the situation, I decide to take-off, hit-the-road, leave,
make-hay-while-the-sun-shines (i think you know what I mean.)  I do not mean
it out of malace (sp?), but rather, "I don't have time for this."  "Life is
too short."  "I need to be moving ahead."  "Maybe I shoulda left 10 years
ago."  "I think I'll be better-off."  "Thanks, I'll come back later." ...
definitely NOT "See ya, suckazz!!!"  In academia - a sabbatical.  To
re-energize, refresh, get away, take a lude, move on ... learn more at the U
of Life ...

Anyway, not to get off track, where was I? ... Oh, yeah, we had a great trip
with Moscowvites Megan and Caren at the Grand Canyon, Sedona, Phoenix (see
pics), Montezuma Well & Castle (no pics, ran out of memory [chip, not
cerebral]) By the way, (even though a very select few know this already) the
Mariner's "non"-game against the S.F. GIANTS in Phoenix was fun (see pic),
but a "non-starter" for the home team (Vandals and Seattle.)  We'll do
better next year (Hugh, how can H&I help? ... orange & black scares me, we
need more gold & silver (see pic) ... assuming we're still hear (damn!(sp.))
... in AZ, I mean.

Yes, weeze livin' the BIG life in Prescott, AZ.  Yearning to be "home", but
must await our "turn."  The time is not ours - we have "hope" that it will
"be" again in the future, but not "knowing."  Until then, "we'll do ours",
watch from the "outside" (this term has a very deep personal meaning to me,
being a true "outsider" to Alaska's residents' in the 70's & 80's {that's 2
decades, well almost ... 1971-1988, Bristol Bay, AK ... that was my "'Nam"},
... most likley NOT what Chris is experiencing in Fairbanks, AK. - yadda,
yadda, yadda ... anyway, it doesn't matter any more.  I think I'm still
off-track ...

I am saddened to have heard of Phil's passing.  He was one of the very
bright spots that I recognized in Moscow's future.  I thought he'd be there.
Someone to count on.  Working to improve ... in a (sic .. or not sic)
holistic sense.  Persistent and wise.  Knowing right & wrong.  But there are
"the others." (slight spoof on "Lost", "You either know or don't know."
(Albert Einstein?) Yeah, well what about all the in-betweeen?  Well, we
don't know about that, yet.

I have plans for the future.  Where they lead, I only suggest.  Hoping they
meet my vision, but also not feeling they "have to," I'll adjust to
accomodate.  Not "being" the only "input" to direct my Life, but only
"being" the "responder" to the "situation."  So to my "friends" in Moscow
(AK and elsewhere), if you need to "get outta town" (even for just a few
days), let me know.  "It's the weather!", should be the state motto down
here.  There is also lots ot (oops) see (see pics.)

My "only" suggestion: political & business leaders need to "lead."  Be the
voice of "'all-in-one' & 'one-for-all'."  I know it will happen, but I don't
know when ... just like everyone else.

I'll likey talk more later.  Not much though, I don't have much time to
waste.
Shalom ( http://www.therefinersfire.org/meaning_of_shalom.htm ): Peace be
with you ( http://www.aidan.co.uk/photo881.htm ) : on the flip, whatever!
Wish your were here (pink floyd),
Mark

p.s.
nicely spoken Gerald Weitz, D.D.S.
thank you Michael, I'll contemplate your comments to help find MY
solution(s.)  I know a fire is only as good as its fuel.
to Moscow & the whole world, "Stop persecution!"
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution)
I agree with Chas.  Maybe to paraphrase: "Some laundry needs to be aired to
the masses and some just needs to be discussed in private - to vent over a
beer.  Discussed, not because it means anything to the rest of the world,
but because it means something to me, the beer is tasty and you're my
friend."  Cheers!
good night

baukunst\architecture Group (b\aG)
2652 College Heights Road