[Vision2020] Idaho--Tempers Flare Over Abortion

Jim Meyer m1e2y3e4 at moscow.com
Sun Apr 9 14:50:03 PDT 2006

All,
If you take Idaho State Congressman Bill Sali's and Janice McGeachin's
idiocy to it's logical extreme, you end up with El Salvador where
abortion has been criminalized for 8 years. Whatever your views, please
take the time to listen to Rachel Maddow's interview with Jack Hitt on
abortion in El Salvador and/or read the original article in today's
Sunday New York Times Magazine cover story. It is a very scary story of
the country we could become if we allow fundamentalism to prevail over
reason.

It is time for a change. If you care about America, vote the
fundamentalists out and vote against the party supporting the
fundamentalists. It is only through rational thought and compassion that
we can hope to solve the truly pressing problems facing our nation and
state.  And if you think lying about sex in the White House is more of a
sin than lying about the reasons for starting an illegal war of
aggression, or more of a sin than unnecessarily killing and maiming tens
of thousands of our fellow citizens, or more of a sin than failure to
squarely face global warming, or if you just want to examine a women's
body for signs of an abortion so you can commit her to prison, then God
save the rest of us (and you go ahead and enjoy the hell you have created).

LINKS:
Interview: click the Listen or Download button on the right side:
<http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/34576>
New York Times Online:
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/09/magazine/09abortion.html>

Jim Meyer