[Vision2020] Re: My logic as characterized by you, professor?

ToeKneeTime at aol.com ToeKneeTime at aol.com
Sun Apr 9 01:15:19 PDT 2006

Nick,

Wow.  You first present me with a twisted and presumptuous  characterization
of my position regarding abortion, and then advise me as to  what I must
conclude.  I opt not to play within such  perameters.

Is God a person?  My, I hope this isn't going to be on the  test.  I don't
recall being advised as to the precise nature of  "God".  I would never presume
to know the answer to such a  question.  I'll leave that to those with more
hubris.

Souls, if they exist, would not be defined by biology or genetics, you
instruct.  After all, higher mammals have unique genetic identities.   I must
conclude that they are persons.  Well, I guess if you can show  me a dolphin that
can play Motzart, or a walrus that can carve like  MichaelAngelo, I might have
to acknowledge that.  As I said, Prof, I'll  leave it to folks like you to
contrive a distinction between humans and  persons.  Human beings are human
beings, as their genetic blue print  requires.  You may choose to deny their status
as persons, thus allowing  you to rationalize their murder.  That is how all
manner of mass atrocities  have been justified in the past.  It seems to me
that you are engaged in a  game of intellectual twister in a desperate effort to
quiet a nagging  conscience.  Abortion is the premeditated taking of a human
life.  If  you wish to argue, as in the case of Terry Scaivo, justifiable
homicide, go  ahead.  Question for another day.  But please be honest with us, and
 yourself.  What you have been championing, abortion on demand, free of
practically any restrictions, is horrendously wrong.  And the cost to the  most
innocent among us, is grave indeed.

There is an ice cold callousness to your approach to such issues that
concerns me.  Just for once, considering the stakes, won't you rely on your  very
human conscience?

Best,  Tony