[Vision2020] Viola Meth Lab Press Release

Jennifer McFarland jmcfarland at latah.id.us
Wed Apr 5 10:30:49 PDT 2006

 Visionaries:
My apologies if this ends up posting twice.  I had difficulties sending it
earlier since I had placed Vision2020 in the "Bcc" field.  Hope this posts.
--Jennifer

To: All media outlets
From: Jennifer L. McFarland
	Public Information Office
RE: Evidence of a meth lab in Viola, Idaho
Date: 5 April 2006

On 4/4/2006 at about 20:40, Latah County Sheriff's Office, with the
assistance of members of the Quad Cities Drug Task Force and the Idaho State
Police investigative unit out of Lewiston, served a search warrant on a home
in Viola, Idaho.  The warrant had been issued for evidence of a
methamphetamine production lab at 1207 Flannigan Creek Road, Viola, Idaho.
Deputies and other officers searched the home pursuant to the warrant and
found several items that indicated a recent past meth "cook" had occurred.
Among those items were numerous packages of Sudafed, packaging and weighing
equipment, items covered in or containing residue (presumed to be meth
residue), and several smoking devices (paraphernalia).  At about 00:05 on
4/5/2006, one of the residents of the home, Carrie L. Pixley, a 37 year-old
Viola woman, attempted to kick and bite two deputies, and (successfully)
grabbed one of the deputies assisting in the search (causing injury to him).
Pixley was arrested for Battery on an Officer, I.C. 18-915.  She was taken
into custody and booked into the Latah County Jail. Deputies continued their
search until about 02:43 on 4/5/2006, when HazMat clean-up crews arrived.
Personnel stayed on-scene until the clean-up was complete (at about 04:36).
No other charges have been filed at this juncture; other charges are pending
further investigation.  There were no children at the residence.  No further
information is available at this time.

PIO Jennifer L. McFarland
Latah County Sheriff's Office
Public Information Officer
PO Box 8068
Moscow, Idaho 83843
(208) 882-2216
Fax (208) 883-2281

Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to affairs.
***Ralph Waldo Emerson