[Vision2020] The Greatest Smear on Abe

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Mon Apr 3 11:22:21 PDT 2006

Greetings:

Tony has a lot of catching up to do on Wilson & Co.  The greatest smear job done on Abe Lincoln has come from reivionist neo-Confederate historians who portray him as Satan Incarnate.  Tony can read about this in Wilson's infamous slavery booklet, now withdrawn from publication but still available from local intoleristas. The neo-Confederates are very happy to hear about and promulgate allegations concerning Lincoln's sexual orientation.

Wilson also joins millions of conservatives in attacking and discrediting "government" schools.

As far as Western civilizaiton being superior because of its defense of heterosexual marrige, that appears to be a very odd proposition.  Western countries have undermined the institution with high divorce rates, while "inferior" countries such as India have honored it with very low divorce rates.  I suppose Tony would approve of the practice of Indian fathers testifying to their daugther's virginity before Hindu priests before they can marry.

One last point that I forgot to make in the abortion debate.  Tony criticized me for using tradition, the cornerstone of all forms of conservatism, as a defense for the pro-choice position.  I neglected to make the best point I could in this exchange.  It was the traditional view of personhood that allowed us to begin to overcome racism and sexism.

To say that blacks and women are not persons seems completely absurd to us now.  It is just as absurd to call the conceptus a person when it has none of the qualities of a person. As the great Catholic philosopher stated: "It is . . . absurd . . . to call a fertilized ovum a baby."  Besides, why does, if biblical God makes even the sparrow fall, does he cause the spontaneous abortion of two thirds of his beloved "children"?

Nick Gier