[Vision2020] Speaking of living wages (was Republicans to Idaho's poor: Drop dead)

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Sun Apr 2 19:38:29 PDT 2006

Lest ye all be fooled about New Balance and its
worldwide operations, here is a short except from their website:

New Balance started as an American company and
our headquarters remain in Boston, MA. But today
we employ more than 2,500 associates around the
globe and sell our products in over 120
countries. We have wholly-owned subsidiaries in
the UK, France, Germany, Sweden, Hong Kong,
Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico,
Canada, Japan, Brazil and South Africa. We also
have a number of licensees, joint ventures, and
distributors all over the globe. With the help of
a committed group of domestic and international
affiliates, New Balance has grown to be the
fourth largest athletic footwear and apparel company in the world.

Their website is: http://www.newbalance.com/aboutus/where_we_are/index.html

Market segmentation is a great tool for appealing
to various elements of a marketplace.