[Vision2020] Republicans to Idaho's Poor: Leave or Drop Dead

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Apr 1 13:25:41 PST 2006

John D -

My example was simply an exaggeration of a given scenario.

exaggerate

Main Entry: ex.ag.ger.ate

Pronunciation: ig-'za-j&-"rAt

Function: verb

Inflected Form(s): -at.ed; -at.ing

Etymology: Latin exaggeratus, past participle of exaggerare, literally, to
heap up, from ex- + agger heap, from aggerere to carry toward, from ad- +
gerere to carry

transitive senses

1 : to enlarge beyond bounds or the truth : OVERSTATE <a friend exaggerates
a man's virtues -- Joseph Addison>

2 : to enlarge or increase especially beyond the normal :

Again, enough said.

Tom Hansen

PS -  And "Yes".  I have taken classes in economics, both macro- and micro-.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"

  _____