[Vision2020] new MCA officers

Bill London london at moscow.com
Sat Apr 1 12:53:27 PST 2006

Moscow Civic Association Selects New Officers

            Bruce Livingston is the new president of the Moscow Civic Association, selected by the MCA Board of Directors at their March meeting.  Livingston replaces Brad King who is temporarily moving to southern Idaho to assist family members.

In addition, Aly Bean was selected as the MCA board secretary, replacing Amy Mazur.

Livingston has been a member of the MCA, the MCA's Subcommittee on Elections and Debate, and the MCA board since 2002.  He is an attorney with the Federal Public Defender's Capital Habeas Unit in Moscow and is active in the community as Chair of the Moscow Arts Commission and a member of the Boards of the Latah Economic Development Council and Rendezvous in the Park.

Bean has been a member of the MCA Board of Directors since 2005. She works as the Volunteer Coordinator for the Palouse-Clearwater Environmental Institute. She is also a member of the state board of the League of Women Voters and the advertising manager at the Moscow Food Co-op.

Both Livingston and Bean said that the goal of their administration would be continuing MCA's mission of increasing citizen input and participation in Moscow government, while providing opportunities for community discussion of topical issues affecting our neighborhoods and our quality of life, including sustainable community and economic development.

"We would like to extend our warmest appreciation to former president Brad King and our former secretary Amy Mazur," Livingston said. "Brad and Amy spent many volunteer hours working towards MCA's mission. Both will remain interested and active members of MCA. We thank them for their dedication."

The Moscow Civic Association is a non-profit citizen's organization that
strives to improve the quality of life for Moscow residents.  The mission of
Moscow Civic Association is to inform community members about important
local issues and encourage civic participation.  More information is
available on the MCA website, www.moscowcivic.org