[Vision2020] Moscow Food Co-op schedule

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Fri Sep 30 16:03:47 PDT 2005

Bill,

Perhaps (or not) Gabe Rench got his misinformation form the Murf Raquet editorial in Thursday's Daily News which contained the following fatal error:

"The code also must be changed to reflect other allowable uses before the Moscow Food Co-op makes the move to its new location. The same ordinance that doesn't allow schools also prohibits groceries in the CBD."
Perhaps Murf doesn't read the Daily News (who could blame him?):  But at least three stories have appeared in the Daily News where the location of the new Moscow Coop has been reported affirmed to be in conformance zoning-wise by Moscow City officials.

Nor is this the first time Murf has egregiously erred on facts in the NSA zoning issue.  In a previous editorial asserting that NSA did everything they were supposed to do, Murf neglected to mention that NSA has had previous zoning violations in previous locations and that they failed to acquire a zoning permit for their present location.  Since they had previous violations, it would be asinine to argue that they were unaware of zoning requirements and the need for a zoning permit.

Therefore, since at least one important, central fact of Murf's editorial is dead wrong, its conclusion is likely dead wrong also.

Oh!  I forgot.  Murf gets all his facts by telephone or by hearsay, even for his "Biz Bits" column.  That's how he slandered One World and without apology or a correction, unlike T. Hildebrand.

Since Murf cannot even get his facts straight for a short editorial, but often lets his obvious personal prejudices guide his keyboard ramblings, putting him in charge of the entire editorial page would seem to be an apparent gross lapse of judgment of the managing editor and the publisher.  The community certainly deserves better from the publisher.

Again, for the sake of accuracy and for the sake of better service to the community, perhaps it is time to transfer Murf from the editorial page to Pets News where his inaccuracies are likely to cause less damage.  Perhaps if he was willing to actually walk a step or two in his reporting activities, he could be trusted with School Crossing News.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com