[Vision2020] Wilson's MA thesis

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Fri Sep 30 08:53:25 PDT 2005

Hail to the Vision!

I just want to make one correction and post one reminder.  First, I did not
direct Doug Wilson's MA thesis.  After three years of friendly theological
and political debate we decided it was best that someone else chair the
thesis committee.  I chose not to be on the committee at all.

By the way, last time I looked, the two copies of Wilson's thesis were
still missing from our department library of which I'm the librarian.  In
the past Wilson's goons actually hid or removed my books in BookPeople or
the UI Bookstore, and Wilson once took responsibility for tearing down of
some of my posters on campus. (The topless campaign was just one of many.)
But, for the life of me, I cannot understand why Wilson would direct them
to remove his thesis.  It is actually a much better piece of scholarship
than some of his more recent productions.

Second, I did not teach Wilson or Doug Jones logic.  In fact, I did not
teach any UI student logic.  That was the job of my other colleagues. I've
posted this before, but just wanted to repeat it now.

Nick Gier, Head Banshee (my favorite name Wilson has called me)
Palouse Region, Planet Earth

"The god you worship is the god you deserve."
~~ Joseph Campbell