[Vision2020] Religion and morality (some more)

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 28 21:52:50 PDT 2005

One thing I forgot in my post (because I'm getting senile) is to
actually answer Chasuk's question, which was, "Are there other
ex-Christians on Vision2020 with similar experiences?"  Yes and no.
When I converted to Judaism, my mother was happy for me, as were my
sisters.  What makes me happy, makes them happy, and vice versa.  My
Southern Baptist grandmother, on the other hand, was horrified.

"Don't you believe in God?" she asked.

"Granny," I said, "the Jews invented God."

Not entirely accurate, but a pretty snappy comeback.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com