[Vision2020] Thank you P & Z

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Fri Sep 23 08:27:40 PDT 2005

Visionaries:

I would like to join Joan in complimenting our P & Z committee  members.
What a thankless (literally) job for the volunteers who took  their task
seriously and did their level best to observe city code while trying  to solve a
difficult zoning issue.  My question to them is this:  Why  do you bother?  You
gave up countless hours of your time, you actually gave  some thought to the
issues and ultimately hammered out a plan that provided a  reasonable solution.
Did I agree with all of it?  No, I surely  didn't.  But I watched you work all
summer and there is no doubt in my mind  that it was a sincere and productive
effort.

I also watched last Monday night as your efforts were brushed  aside.  I was
appalled when Mayor Comstock, ignoring your  recommendations, asked that Joel
Plaskon's suggestions be placed on the  overhead screen where they remained
for the rest of the evening as the focus of  the council discussion.  What a
load of hooey.  Joel Plaskon  didn't get it right the first time, and yet the
mayor and council decided  to rely on his suggestions in lieu of yours.

We should all be grateful that elections are approaching.  Sadly, not  all
those lazy ninnies warming a seat - at tax payers expense - are up for
re-election.  However, it is my fervent wish that a new  council will provide the
leadership that is so badly needed in this  community.

Rose Huskey
Who speaks for the chickens, people?  Who?