[Vision2020] Local Accountability: New Orleans? Iraq?

Kai Eiselein, LatahEagle Editor editor at lataheagle.com
Mon Sep 12 12:42:01 PDT 2005

As usual, there is one fool to take things out of context. Some people need
to be led by the hand when comparing similarities.
So take my hand, Tom, and I'll spoon feed this to you.
First of all, doesn't "Why wasn't the government better prepared?" qualify
as a blame the government whine? Why weren't individuals better prepared,
despite repeated warnings?
One of the Kennedys (Robert jr., perhaps?) has specifically blamed the
Republican party for Katrina, again heard on NPR, sorry if I didn't take
notes, I prefer not to write while I'm hurling down the highway at 60mph in
my 35 mpg 81 Nissan pu.
Not to mention the number of times we've heard the blame laid on the
government for not building better levies, giving more warning and so forth.
I don't give a damn how big you build a levy, Mother Nature "WILL" win. Some
point to Holland as an example, but it too is sinking just as New Orleans
is. And is in as much danger.
Ahhh yes, the aging hippie pulls the old race/bigotry card, grow up Hansen,
I merely pointed out the parallels. And they show we are not so far removed
from nature as we like to think.
Let me let you in on a little secret: For me to be a bigot, would mean I
would be so to my own daughter. My ex-wife's maiden name is Rodriguez. She,
and my daughter are members of the Couer d'Alene tribe. I've stood up to
neo-nazis at Riverfront Park in Spokane, and watched a friend of mine die of
aids. Nearly everybody else he knew was afraid to go near him, but no-one
should die abandoned. My middle name is Tariq, which means I get the
enjoyment of being thoroughly searched when I fly, including a strip search
the last time I went through SeaTac........you want me to continue?