[Vision2020] Local Accountability: New Orleans? Iraq?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Sep 12 11:37:44 PDT 2005

Greetings Visionaires -

Kai Eiselein stated:

"To blame to government for "allowing" this disaster to happen is assinine.
The response has been less than stellar, but the government had no more
control over Katrina than it has over an earthquake or tornado or even a
volcano."

To tell you the truth, I don't recall anybody blaming the government for
"allowing" Hurricane Katrina to happen. That would be kinda stupid, wouldn't
it?  At least Mr. Eiselein has the decency to admit that "the response was
less than stellar."

Mr. Eiselein further stated:

"In the wild, the first to die in hard times are the very young, the old,
the weak, the infirm and the plain old unlucky. How does that stack up
against the dead in the South? Probably pretty damn close.

Then witness the aftermath, survivors fighting over limited resources in
order to survive. An absolute parallel to what happens in the wild.......and
we think we are soooooo different."

Maybe Eiselein is on to something.  Maybe Katrina is just some wild
"survival of the fittest thing".  You know?  Cleaning out a few gene pools.
Yeah. Let 'em die, right Mr. Eiselein.? After all, they're just poor, old
blacks.  I'll bet that some of them are even gay.

Thoughts?

Tom

"I think one of the best ways to support education is to make successful
private schools like Logos prosper through tax exemption."

- Donovan Arnold (July 11, 2005)