[Vision2020] John's Alley

Joseph Campbell josephc at wsu.edu
Mon Sep 12 09:31:19 PDT 2005

Mr. Arnold,

I want to correct one point that you make below and scold you on another.

The phrase "Hitler Youth" was not written on the DOOR of NSA, as I falsely
reported earlier. It was written in chalk on the SIDEWALK in front of the
door. (Wayne Fox corrected me on this point in a previous post. Look it up
in the paper if you don't believe me.) This is a huge difference. Given this
fact, for instance, the police refused to classify the act as a case of
vandalism since, in part, it was not NSA property that was desecrated.
Previously I also referred to the writing as an act of vandalism, but we
should be as careful of our use of that term as the police are.

Also, perhaps others are unable to see through these cheap tricks but this
new tactic of the supporters of NSA/Christ Church has got to stop.
Suggesting that there is some connection between vandalism -- real or
imagined -- and criticisms of NSA/Christ Church is nothing but a ploy to get
critics to stop voicing their opinions. Initially it was claimed by you and
others that there was a causal connection between criticisms of NSA/CC and
vandalism. Once this was shot down it was followed up by the even more
absurd suggestion that it is the critics themselves who are doing the
vandalism. GIVE ME A BREAK! Vandals rarely take the time to READ the paper
let alone write editorials or postings on Vision 2020.

You really need to stop this nonsense, Mr. Arnold, for it is a two-way
street and it opens the door for similar accusations against yourself.
Personally, I would never stoop so low. What I will do is simply quote your
words back to you and write "IDIOT-SPEAK" below them anytime you or anyone
else makes this absurd suggestion again. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Joe Campbell