[Vision2020] Idahoan Votes 'No' on Aid

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 11 23:54:38 PDT 2005

Ted,

I know you are not against spending billions on the
victims of Katrina. I do not think anyone is against
that.

However, I disagree with making sure a bill is perfect
before passing it when it is crucial that it get done
to save lives. They should pass an aid package so the
workers can began ordering supplies and getting them
to the people. Later, you can fine tune the law with
amendments to better meet the needs of the people. But
to prevent water, food and medical supplies from going
out now because you are not sure on the number of
bricks needed to rebuild a wall and do not want to
waste money is a big mistake.

Pass the bill, get the machine rolling, fix the kinks
later.

If Representative Otter is concerned with wasteful
spending and knows of instances in the bill where
there is waste, he should write a bill to fix those
areas, but he should not vote to prevent the bulk of
the federal aid package.

If Congress waited to pass a bill until all the waste
was out of it Congress would still be waiting to pass
Bill #1

Donovan J Arnold