[Vision2020] Another reason to give, but very carefully

Jennifer McFarland jmcfarland at latah.id.us
Thu Sep 8 10:11:49 PDT 2005

Wayne,

Thank you for this post.  It has come to our attention at the Sheriff's
Office that there are more than 2,000 false "donation" websites collecting
money for victims.  Rather than actually collecting money for victims, the
website hosts are collecting money for personal gain.  Please be careful
about sending money to any organization that doesn't have a known reputation
for honest practices.  And, of course, if you think you have been the victim
of a scam, contact your local law enforcement agency.

On a lighter note, Officer Marie Miller and the Moscow Police Department
filled a U-Haul trailer yesterday with boxes and boxes of donated
toiletries, clothes, and food donated by members of our community.  Way to
go, Marie and Palouse area residents!

Take care,
Jennifer

Detective Jennifer L. McFarland
Latah County Sheriff's Office
Public Information Officer
PO Box 8068
Moscow, Idaho 83843
(208) 882-2216
Fax (208) 883-2281

Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to affairs.
***Ralph Waldo Emerson

  _____