[Vision2020] President of the United States meets with NSA Re presentative

Barrett Schroeder Barrett at hideandfur.com
Sat Sep 3 23:52:00 PDT 2005

I appreciate Captain Wullenwaber's service to our country,
and I feel for his family's loss. For those that may have
missed it on the NSA page, here is a link to a page at
Virginia Military Institute with more information on his
military service and a memorial scholarship fund:

http://www.vmi.edu/show.asp?durki=5237&site=11&return=212

I was fortunate to see President Bush speak in Nampa
alongside many military personnel and their families, and
I took the opportunity to talk to several of them.

I'm not sure I understand the comparison here of NSA and
the University of Idaho. Two former ASUI Presidents (Sen.
Larry Craig and Gov. Dirk Kempthorne) were on the stage
with the President in Nampa, and there were likely many
UI graduates among the military, police and fire personnel
also on the stage.  I know there are many UI people in Iraq,
because they are my friends and neighbors.

Here are some links to articles about UI graduates,
military and civilian, serving in Iraq, which I found by
searching for "Iraq" from the UI's home page:

http://www.supportui.uidaho.edu/default.aspx?pid=45054

http://info.ag.uidaho.edu/magazine/winter2004/idaho.html

http://www.argonaut.uidaho.edu/archives/032604/news9.html

Although I don't know their names, I'm sure there are also
UI families that have lost someone in Iraq or Afghanistan,
and my thoughts and prayers are with them and the Wullenwabers.

Barrett Schroeder