[Vision2020] Down by the Levy

Pat Kraut pkraut at moscow.com
Fri Sep 2 02:37:51 PDT 2005

Well, Well an intelligent response that is actually in line with the truth!
Sometimes I think history must have started with GW and no one did anything
wrong before that...just him!
New Orleans has had trouble with its levees before. The city is built below
sea level. It is time to move it back and I don't care how 'special' the
city is. It has been done wrong for a long time. If the city, parish and
state knew this was a possibility why didn't they have a better plan?? Isn't
it just possible that the federal government isn't fully responsible for
everything? I am tired of everyone looking for us (me) to pay for and fix
the mistakes they have made for years. Here in this area we get an
occasional earthquake or a volcano that goes off and we don't really ask for
a lot of federal money to help us. BUT, other areas are always in my pocket
looking for help. I'd like to talk to the people who decided to put a
pipeline across the southern US...hurricanes, tornados etc. The
environmentalists who have stopped new refineries and not drilling in Anwar
are far more responsible for oil prices than Bush or any president is.
I do not believe that GW is any saint...I just  don't believe that history
will be nearly as critical of him as the New York Times or others are trying
to make us believe. I don't think thats a smirk I think of it as a smile.