[Vision2020] Mr. Mole (or The Wind in the Elders)

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 1 18:39:11 PDT 2005

I'm happy to tell Jerry Owen where I got the memo I forwarded to Vision
2020 last night: I got it from a Christ Church mole.  There are several
of them.  As many as Doug suspects?  More, perhaps, than he fears?  Who
knows?  All I can say is that they email me out of the blue, and they
often ask me to forward things for them.  Sometimes, I do; sometimes, I
don't.  I rely on my own best judgment, and I always cut, paste, and
strip the headers.

What's that you say, Jerry?  You don't like it?  Neither, to be quite
honest, do I.  It's my feeling that a real church wouldn't have moles;
a real church wouldn't need them.  By my definition, a real church is a
voluntary gathering of men and women who worship, think and pray as
they see fit without fear of retaliation (either financial, spiritual
or social) from their pastor.  The members of a real church feel free
to speak their dissent out loud and in public -- before God, before
their pastor, and before their fellow parishioners.  If Christ Church
were a real church, if its members were truly free, then they wouldn't
me emailing me.  They'd be speaking without fear to their elders and
their pastor.  They wouldn't be turning for succor to a sympathetic
lesbian Jew.

You don't like that I forwarded your email, Jerry?  Then do something
about it.  Take your concern to your pastor.  Ask him why it is that
Christ Church seems to generate more moles per capita than the Catholic
Church during the Spanish Inquisition.  When he lies to you (and he
will), try whispering the word "Duck" in his ear.  If he blushes, let
me know and I will rejoice because at least he's still capable of
shame.  I suspect, however, that he'll just hide under his desk and
write another nasty Blog and Mablog.

"You can't hide your lying eyes,
And your smile is a thin disguise.
I thought by now you'd realize
There ain't no way to hide your lying eyes."

The Eagles.  I hope you'll keep them in mind for next year's Trinity
Fest as a smart alternative to Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com

PS: Do yourself a favor, Mr. Owen.  Reread "Labor of Love."  I just
did.  Yes, its author chose to remain anonymous, just like those poor
Christ Church moles.  So what?  The temple of your soul is on fire, Mr.
Owen.  A man has yelled stop, drop, and roll.  Do you really need to
know his name?