[Vision2020] RE: scorecard questions for moscow candidates for mayor and city council

Michael Curley curley at turbonet.com
Mon Oct 31 14:43:10 PST 2005

Tom:
Well, unfortunately for most of the rest of the city, your church IS
a permitted use downtown.  Frankly, I think a ground level church on
Main Street would be as detrimental to downtown as a college, but
that is a fight for another day.  the city has at least determined
that commercial schools COULD be a problem, so staff is proposing
making them allowable by CUP only--and, of course, adding colleges.
 But churces, synagogues, mosques--"and similar" uses are still
allowed by right--so if yours is a house of religious worship, full
steam ahead.  I think all that might be required is a claim of
"divine insight" or something of that sort when under the influence
of Lord Bud.  Heck, millions would testify to that.
Mike

PS  I don't like Bud, so if you could make it a bit more ecumenical
and include a good dark beer of some kind, you might get me there.
And, Friday nights would be a good time for some of us.  Heck,
Catholics have Saturday night mass now so they can make the pro games
or golf, etc. on sunday mornings, why not a Friday/Saturday combo for
your church?