[Vision2020] Daily News article

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Oct 27 07:49:30 PDT 2005

Visionaires --

It seems more than a little important that someone point publicly that the
Daily News article yesterday about Tuesday night's School Board bond action
was wrong, wrong, wrong.

We talked about and voted to support efforts for a less-than-$15-million
bond to focus PRIMARILY on the needs of THE POPULATIONS OF RUSSELL AND WEST
PARK, not just the buildings.  There are a few options to be considered, but
the focus is the POPULATIONS THEREIN, not only fixing buildings.  I can't
make this point too strongly -- we're open to a lot of ideas and are not
summarily asking for $$ to remodel the two buildings.  That may be the plan,
but it is now one of many ideas.  All of this was clearly stated at the
meeting..

Secondly, at NO TIME did we mention "by April" in our deliberations or our
motions.  That information came from comments inthe minutes from one
committee member and was not part of the resolution.  A committee member's
suggestion is not the same as Board action.

I regret having to take a reporter and her editors to task publicly, but I
care too much about this issue to let it bolt from the gates hampered by
such marked errors.

keely