[Vision2020] Dilbert on Bloggers

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Oct 25 14:47:11 PDT 2005

Dilbert on bloggers (you know who you are) -

When I see news stories about people all over the world who are experiencing
hardships, I worry about them, and I rack my brain wondering how I can make
a difference. So I decided to start my own blog. That way I won't have time
to think about other people.

People who are trying to decide whether to create a blog or not go through a
thought process much like this:

1.  The world sure needs more of ME.

2.  Maybe I'll shout more often so that people nearby can experience the joy
of knowing my thoughts.

3.  No, wait, shouting looks too crazy.

4.  I know - I'll write down my daily thoughts and badger people to read
them.

5.  If only there was a description for this process that doesn't involve
the words egomaniac or unnecessary.

6.  What? It's called a blog? I'm there!

The blogger's philosophy goes something like this:

Everything that I think about is more fascinating than the crap in your
head.

The beauty of blogging, as compared to writing a book, is that no editor
will be interfering with my random spelling and grammar, my complete
disregard for the facts, and my wandering sentences that seem to go on and
on and never end so that you feel like you need to take a breath and clear
your head before you can even consider making it to the end of the sentence
that probably didn't need to be written anyhow.

Take care, Moscow.

Vote on November 8th because you care . . .

For our kids
For our neighborhoods
For our town

VOTE AARON AMENT FOR CITY COUNCIL