[Vision2020] MCA and Politics

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 21 19:40:04 PDT 2005

A nice person pointed out to me that this particular posting of mine seemed
to be not just a condemnation of the process of the MCA, but possibly of the
candidates that MCA endorsed for office.

I would like to appologize to Bob Stout and Nancy Chaney if that seemed to
be the case, since it was not my intention.  An organization and its faulty
processes may indeed not reflect the ideas or the desires of a candidate for
office.  Simply because the Moscow Civic Association is in violation of its
501 c 4 status and in breach of its bylaws, should not reflect discredit on
either Stout or Chaney.

People should look not at the guilt or credit by association that the
endorsements of some organizations are setting store by at the minute and
instead look at how closely each candidate reflects their ideas on the
actual issues that face Moscow.  And may the best andidate win.

Phil Nisbet