[Vision2020] Big Brother

Pat Kraut pkraut at moscow.com
Thu Oct 20 12:58:23 PDT 2005

Yes, it certainly does apply to this subject. Technology is going to force
us to make some unthought-of choices before except in fiction. The tech is
here and the bad guys are going to take every advantage. We come along and
say "Well we have privacy rights" the city cannot put up cameras or GIS
systems but do not work with the possible good things to come from this
change. We put ourselves in danger of losing any 'rights' we have while the
bad guys take over completely and we cannot safely step out of our homes.
Then we give the bad guys every 'right' we have but they abuse them and turn
them against us and we have lost everything. It cannot be that hard to make
this work for us and not against us. But, it will take a giving and taking
of what we call 'rights' now.