[Vision2020] Biased and Accusatory Candidate Survey

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 10:07:43 PDT 2005

I think that this survey is a good idea and that the questions posed could be helpful to those voters that these issues are important to as they make their decisions on who to vote for.  It would be my suggestion that the survey allow for an essay answer instead of the "yes" "no", etc. That allows for the candidates to justify their answer no matter which side of the issues they happen to fall on.  Then we as voters can make our decisions based on their reasoning, yes, no, or non-answers.

Nate Wilson <natewilson at moscow.com> wrote:Ahoy the Vision,
Tom Hansen has exposed me for the biased, Doug-Wilson-affiliated
voter that I am. It was quick of him (he didn't just look at my last
name, he clicked on document properties). If we didn't want people to
know my father was connected to the survey, a Wilson wouldn't have sent
it out. We would have tricked Tom into doing it for us. Anyhow, I must
apologize, as I have not yet been able to get the survey to several of
the candidates. I will continue to try and track down the the remaining,
unsurveyed hopefuls. As Tom has now helpfully posted it on his site,
candidates should also feel free to view it there and email me their
public, and Tom can even put them on his site.
On another note, civil discourse seems to have so far degenerated in
this town that I wondered if some candidates might simply ignore any
questions originating from the Christ Church community. I have to admit
to not being hopeful, though the initial responses to the survey may be
changing that. Cheers.

NDW

Tom Hansen wrote:

>Greetings Visionaires -
>
>Not On The Palouse, Not Ever (Update #66) consists of a link to:
>
>http://www.tomandrodna.com/notonthepalouse/WSQ.htm
>On October 17, 2005 Nathan Wilson (on behalf of citizens desiring a return
>to civility in Moscow) emailed several candidates for city offices an
>extremely biased, and accusatory, series of questions. A careful
>examination of the origin of the document indicates that Doug Wilson appears
>to be the author and that the business of origin is Christ Church.
>
>This item may also be accessed from a link located as the last entry in the
>group titled "Douglas Wilson and Christ Church" at:
>
>http://www.tomandrodna.com/notonthepalouse
>
>Take care.
>
>Tom Hansen
>Not On The Palouse, Not Ever

>"When people sin, everybody has to pay."
>
>- Douglas Wilson of Wilson, Inc. (dba Christ Church) (June 7, 2002)
>
>For more details: http://www.tomandrodna.com/notonthepalouse

> List services made available by First Step Internet,
> http://www.fsr.net
> mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com