[Vision2020] Blue States, Crime and religion

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 18 08:05:15 PDT 2005

The article put forward here on V2020 by the radical elements of the
evangelical atheists suggesting that religion in the United States was a
major reason for crime seems good to bring back up now that the annual crime
reporting for the USA and its various subdivisions is out from the FBI.

Of particluar interest is the crime rate per hundred thousand for metro
areas versus rural areas.  The same can be noted in Red counties versus Blue
Counties and initial ganders at the stats seem to indicate that violent
crime is more likely to get you in a Blue district than in a Red one.

Using the same silly technique used for the United States as a whole versus
European countries, we would draw the conclusion that an area that Voted for
Kerry in 2004 was a dangerous place filled with sociopaths.  Far be it from
me to suggest that membership in the Democratic party leads a person to be
immoral and likely to beat somebody else's skull in with a hammer, but if we
use the technique propsed by our radical atheists, we can draw no other
conclusion.

So if it can be propsed that people be taught not to accept the morality of
religion, perhaps a similar nonsensical proposal could be fronted that Kerry
Voters must also be inherently immoral and dangerous?

Phil Nisbet