[Vision2020] Posting & Formatting

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Fri Oct 14 10:57:25 PDT 2005

Hi Michael & Welcome,

I'm not a computer whiz, but the folks I know who've had this problem tend
to have it with messages that are sent using HTML formatting rather than
plain text.

Personally, I use plain text for sending all V2020 posts and for reading
them as well.  Perhaps one of our techie Visionaries can provide a better
explanation, but for more information, you might want to check out:
http://www.birdhouse.org/etc/evilmail.html

If anyone is interested in learning how to make sure they are sending plain
text messages to V2020, the above link provides instructions for some common
email programs.  If the email program you use isn't included, you might try
posting asking other list members if they know how to do it with whatever
email program you are using.

Note:  this is also likely the explanation for "empty" posts.  The messages
were probably originally sent in HTML and the sender's email program didn't
transmit the plain text part.

HTH,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2005, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****