[Vision2020] Eugenie Scott's Talk at U of I

Robert Dickow dickow at uidaho.edu
Thu Oct 13 12:00:04 PDT 2005

Response follows:

-----Original Message-----
>> I wrote:
>> of such a creator or being. This
>> does not belie that God exists. Of course God exists.
>> But still the logical connection above is fallacious.

Chasuk responded:

>I agree with most of what you wrote above,
>but I am puzzled by the inclusion of:

>"Of course God exists."

>Is this really an a priori conclusion that I somehow have missed?

Well, not really. I just thought it might be politic to mention
that idea. Actually, I'm an agnostic. However, one might infer in that
little comment that the argument against Creation Science's
premise is not an assertion that God does not exist. Again,
..a point of logical argument. One can, after all, be a devout
believer and still not adhere to the Design theory.

Bob Dickow