[Vision2020] Jones is grasping at straws again

Nicholas Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Thu Oct 13 00:17:40 PDT 2005

Greetings:

On a recent episode of "Lives of the Cowboys" Lefty charged Big Bill
Meyser with plagiarizing the word "alas" in one of his poems.  My
lifting a list of the Upanishads is about as bad, and is equivalent to
someone lifting a list of the books of the Bible and being accused of
stealing.  Of course that is absurd.

Jones is simply incorrect that Wilson and Wilkins got their references
right, but simply got them jumbled up. The example that I gave in my
talk did not have a reference at all.  Wilson also lied when he said
that it was his fault when he edited what Wilkins sent him.  Wilkins
blew that story out of the water when he admitted in World Magazine,
May, 2005, that it was all his fault.

For someone who has the time I'm sure we could find many more instances
of copying and pasting in Wilkins' works, perhaps even the one that
Wilson's Canon Press publishes.  Doug, you should check it out
thoroughly or withdraw it from publication.

Nick Gier

Head Banshee and God hater, Wilson's names for me
Palouse Region, Planet Earth