[Vision2020] Idaho Teachers Among Nation's Lowest Paid

Pat Kraut pkraut at moscow.com
Wed Oct 12 09:26:21 PDT 2005

So, it isn't good for people to live in other areas? If the people here are happy doing their teaching...knowing this is a good place to live and don't move out often I think that is a good thing. If one is assuming they are good teachers. I have heard that a lot of the local teachers spouses are tied to the University so they don't leave that often.
The pay has to be tied to what the parents are making in the local district. Parents cannot be expected to pay so much taxes to support the schools that they cannot do anything else. If teachers and/or the union is expecting that they are wrong.