[Vision2020] Joe, on teachers

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 12 07:36:45 PDT 2005

>From the review I did of the Idaho wage realities, it did not look like
teachers in the Primary or the Secondary School catergory were underpad.

If you go into the wages, you find that we are actually grossly underpaying
only certain types of teachers, even on the secondary school level.
Frankly, early childhood educators seem to be drawing the same salary as day
care providers.  People providing adult literacy education are drawing just
about that same salary.

While I can see some disparity being allowed, its hard for me to believe
that Kindergarten teachers deserve only $15,000 a year, but first grade
teachers should be paid $36,000?

Then look at Secondary school salaries and try to make some sense out of
them.

Thoughts?

Phil Nisbet